SPIRITUALITY AND THE UNDIVIDED SELF
With Madonna Basilici, M.A., Counseling Psychology
With emphasis in Mythology and Jungian Psychology
Saturday, October 7, 2017
Registration: 9:30 a.m.
10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
6 CEUs $18
Workshop+6 CEUs $78
All Saints Episcopal Church
333 Tarpon Drive, Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33301
This workshop will explore Jung’s understanding of the chakra system in the body and how its energy effects spiritual development. In The Psychology of Kundalini Yoga Jung writes, “What we need is the development of the inner spiritual man.” We will assess how this energy changes as progress is made in spiritual development. We will accomplish this by working through the psychological process that cultivates more awareness to the sacred self within, and working further to more fully develop that aspect. The questions we might ponder are:
Who am I?
What does religion do for my soul?
What does spirituality do for my soul?
Following the completion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Describe the chakra system
- Explain how Jung understood the chakra system and its relation to spiritual development;
- Examine approaches to fostering spiritual development associated with the chakra system within oneself
- Analyze how energy, both physical and planetary, affects the mind, body and spirit as Jung conceptualized this process
- Apply techniques for building and utilizing this spiritual energy that can be utilized by both individuals and also therapists working with their clients; and
- Assess ways in which the teachings of the east can benefit the everyday lives of both ourselves and the clients with whom therapists work.
Madonna Basilici, M.A.
Madonna Basilici, M.A., earned her Masters Degree at Pacifica Graduate Institute in Counseling Psychology with emphasis in mythology and Jungian Psychology. She is certified in Neuro-linguistics, Ericksonian hypnosis, and varied healing modalities. Dreamwork has always had an intriguing interest for her. Ms. Basilici served on the board of the Center for Jungian Studies of South Florida for several years. She has traveled extensively in India and has studied with her teacher for over fifteen years, pursuing and understanding the sacred self within
Never miss and event or workshop
Sign Up For Our Newsletter
The Center for Jungian Studies of South Florida is a Not-For-Profit organization that serves the wider community by presenting lectures, workshops, and discussions to address psychological, social and spiritual issues and provide a forum for personal reflection and growth inspired by C.G. Jung's Analytical Psychology.
The Center for Jungian Studies
c/o Richard Chappell
P.O. Box 669
Hallandale FL 33008